Accidents at work can have very serious consequences. If you sustain injuries as a result of an accident at work it could prevent you from working, looking after your family and loved ones or prevent you from enjoying sports, recreation and everyday life.
If you have sustained injuries as a result of an accident at work that wasn’t your fault you may be entitled to claim for compensation from your employer’s insurer.
Your employer has a duty to protect you from accidents and injuries at work.
If you have been involved in an accident at work that wasn’t your fault, or have suffered as a result of any of the following:
- Accidents resulting from faulty or unsafe machinery
- Slips and trips at work
- Injury from falling objects
- Injury as a result of lack of safety equipment or clothing
- Lack of necessary training
- Unsafe work systems
contact Helen Burns Solicitors for a confidential, free, no obligation initial consultation. We can offer advice and representation on any steps you could take to secure compensation for injuries incurred through an accident at work.
Take the Right Steps
Should you find yourself the victim of an accident at work, follow these quick steps to ensure liability is recognised:
- Report the accident/circumstances/injuries sustained to the appropriate supervisor
- If required, seek medical attention immediately
- Complete the company’s accident report form and request a copy immediately
- Obtain any witness details
- Take photographs, if possible, of the site of your accident and any relevant areas